Pork cutlets with green peppercorn and herb rub
- 4 lean pork cutlets or loin chops (fat trimmed)
- 2 tbs drained green peppercorns
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped mint
- 1½; tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Place peppercorns into a flat dish and crush slightly. Add 1 tsp finely-grated lemon rind and 2 tbsp lemon juice to the dish. Add the coriander, mint and olive oil. Season with salt. Mix well.
- Place cutlets in the dish and coat both sides well with mixture. Cover, place in fridge and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Cook pork cutlets on a BBQ or grill over medium to high heat for 4-6 minutes each side (depending on thickness). Allow pork to rest for a few minutes before serving..
- Serve with barbecued onion and mixed bean salad.
We have never had finer ingredients – your products are simply the best.
~ Leo Schofield, Writer and Food Critic
Dec 2010 (see full text »)
On December 4th, I organised a Christmas musical soirée for thirty guests at Dysart House. John Wilson, whose catering business John & Peter is generally regarded as the finest in Australia, flew down to create the buffet.
Both he and I agree that we have never had finer ingredients, including eight fresh chickens and the best-ever ham from West Hobart Gourmet Meats. Your products are simply the best.
~ Leo Schofield
Customer Loyalty Discount
Receive a discount on all your purchases by registering on our mailing list. You will also receive details of fortnightly specials.
Proud to be West Hobart’s
longest serving butcher