Spinach and feta rolled beef roast
- 1 kg beef eye fillet
- 1 bunch english spinach leaves, washed, blanched and squeezed dry
- 100 gm sundried tomatoes in jar with reserved oil
- 40 gm feta, crumbled
- 200 gm prosciutto slices
- Vegetables for roasting, eg, parsnip, carrot, potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice beef fillet lengthways by cutting as you would slice open a baguette, leaving 2cm of the fillet uncut. Open fillet out.
- Place half the spinach on the fillet, then sundried tomatoes and feta. Lay the remaining spinach over the top and bring the fillet together to close.
- Lay the prosciutto slices over the fillet to cover, then tie the fillet at 4cm intervals with kitchen string.
- Place the beef and vegetables prepared for roasting in a roasting dish and spoon over about a tbsp of oil from the sundried tomato jar.
- Roast for 30 minutes for rare, 40 minutes for medium and 50 minutes for well done. For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer.
- Remove beef from oven, loosely cover with foil and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes to let the meat fibres relax and reabsorb their juices before serving.
- Slice the beef and serve with the roasted vegetables.
We have never had finer ingredients – your products are simply the best.
~ Leo Schofield, Writer and Food Critic
Dec 2010 (see full text »)
On December 4th, I organised a Christmas musical soirée for thirty guests at Dysart House. John Wilson, whose catering business John & Peter is generally regarded as the finest in Australia, flew down to create the buffet.
Both he and I agree that we have never had finer ingredients, including eight fresh chickens and the best-ever ham from West Hobart Gourmet Meats. Your products are simply the best.
~ Leo Schofield
Customer Loyalty Discount
Receive a discount on all your purchases by registering on our mailing list. You will also receive details of fortnightly specials.
Proud to be West Hobart’s
longest serving butcher